100 Kids wants to inspire our children to give back by providing a forum to help and contribute to local charities.
- Young people between the ages of 5 and 14 come together 4 times a year with $10 each to donate to a charity.
- The young people nominate local charities in advance, three of which are randomly selected for the evening.
- The three children whose charities are selected speak for 1 to 2 minutes, and then all participants vote on which charity will receive the donations.
Through 100 Kids Who Care Halifax, children learn the spirit of giving at a young age and that you don’t have to be wealthy to give. They will have an opportunity to develop leadership skills and to speak with confidence in front of their peers. They will meet new friends and strengthen the bonds of existing friendships by working together and listening to diverse ideas. Children in 100 Kids Who Care will learn that it is fun to be a Kid Who Cares!
So far we have donated to these charities:
- JDRF (Diabetes)
- Hope Cottage
- Kid Sport
- Canadian Sea Turtle Research
- Hope for Wildlife, Solar Panel Project
- Red Cross for the Australian Fires
Join us on Monday March 2nd, 2020 for a jammed-packed Halifax themed evening filled with pitchers, prizes, giveaways and so much more! This is one event you won’t want to miss.
When: Monday, March 2nd, 6:30-7:30pm
Where: Halifax City Hall, Grand Parade Entrance – 1841 Argyle St